April 1, 2013

April 1, Say What?

I don't know how to make coffee. It's all trial and error in this house and considering that I'm the main coffee drinker... well, that just isn't that good. A few months ago, I woke up to a taped sign above the coffeemaker with instructions on how to make coffee. Thanks, Doug. I think he was sick of my never-know-what-to-expect coffee.

But this weekend, I managed to make a mean few cups. It was probably thanks to the amazing flowers my mom sent us since "it is our first Easter married." Love her.


Don't worry, I stick to the Keurig during the week. Coffee may not be my cup of tea (sorry, had to...) but you know what is? Banana bread. I'm good at making banana bread. I made two loafs and brought one to my mother-in-law for Easter.


It was the best weekend ever. I literally didn't stop saying that to Doug. It was full of the Avett Brothers, gardening, cleaning, eating, Easter-ing and a little bit of work with Samson's help of course. And every time Doug sneezed our alarm beeped. It was a good weekend.

 




P.S. My amazingly talented friend and college roommate Liz started a blog yesterday. Check it out: Settling in on Sylvan. She's got some great posts of projects in her house to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment