May 2, 2013

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

I did it! After admiring fiddle leaf figs from afar in the gorgeous rooms I see everywhere, I finally brought one home. And, boy is she pretty.

After work, I ran over to Home Depot to pick up some knobs that I had ordered and then I wandered into the garden section only to find the most perfect one ever. You see, not all fiddle leaf fig trees are pretty. Some of them just have plain old weird leaves. You might say it's character but I say it's weird.

All in all, it was a good night. Let's all say a little prayer that I don't kill her since I don't have the greenest of thumbs.


We call her Fiona the Fiddle Leaf Fig.


Back when I blogged about them in September, I really didn't think that I had a good spot for one in my home. However, when I got her inside she fit perfectly next to the buffet in the dining room.



I still need to find the perfect vase, but that will come soon enough. Not rushing into anything and I'm hoping that I'll find one at the antique store around the corner. In the meantime, she's standing on top of a silver platter. I can hear my mom reading this right now and saying, "you're putting it on what?" No worries mom, it's just temporary.


Mad love.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered them and hope to find one at Home Depot!

    ReplyDelete