November 7, 2013

One Room Challenge: Baby Girl's Nursery

Welcome. Today's a big day. It's the final day of the One Room Challenge and I'm so excited to show you our nursery for our little girl who is due at the end of the year. You can see the past few weeks here:
ORC was created by Linda at Calling It Home and I'm very grateful for this little challenge. So, thank you Linda and thank you to everyone who stopped by and commented, motivating me to cross the finish line. And happy birthday today to my beautiful mom! She's the best cheerleader I have.

Today is all about the photos, but first... the before. 

Before
After

Jenny Lind Crib with an adjustable crib skirt (it ties to the springs so it will always kiss the ground as the mattress drops) in Navy Fleur Chinoise by Caitlin Wilson Textiles. Walls and striped floors are Behr Silver Drop
During week 4, I decided that this room definitely needed some Brunschwig & fils Les Touches. Glider is from Home Decorators Collection, side table is from Target, and bunny blanket is from Baby Braithwaite.
Baby girl's first pair of shoes.
Fairytale plates were given to me as a child from my grandmother. You can read more about them here. (And yes, the plates will be either be taken down or the crib will move to the other side of the room when she's old enough to reach them.)
Bookcase from Home Decorators. Baskets from HomeGoods.
Since we have family and friends scattered across the globe, we put a heart on the major cities where everyone is so she knows that she is loved.

The turtle was made by an amazing artist outside of Clemson, SC (where Doug and I both went to school). I have her name at my office and will update asap! Update: the turtle is by Robin Anne Cooper of End of the Road Studios
Growing up, my grandma got my sister and me started with a collection of tea cups. This is the start of a new collection. Blabla finger puppets.
My mother-in-law just returned from China with these beautiful red (tiger!) shoes. The white and pink ones are from my sister-in-law and her 6-month old has a matching pair. The elephant is from India and was a gift from my friend Whitney who just got back. 
The book initials were a gift from my best friend Jenna and they're sitting on Doug's dresser from childhood (more about that here). The paintings are by Katherine Day, my great aunt who I was named after but never met. She painted in France a lot during the 1920s and I have quite a few of her pieces throughout my home and they mean so much to me. 
Hand-embroidered bunny by Sam Kay Designs.  
The monogrammed frame is from our friend Lea, the lamp and shade are from Target, and that is one of my first shoes. 
The rain boots belonged to me and my sister. They're from my aunt Carole who brought them back from England for us.

So there you have it. I love how cozy this room is. Sunday morning, I sat on the glider with my coffee and it was very peaceful. But we're not done yet! Missing? This beauty of a chandelier that is sitting in its box in our living room. It finally came in this week and we just haven't had the time to get it up so you'll have to check back to see its reveal.

Now, go check out all the other amazing participants who are taking place in the ORC and the link up. There is some major talent in this group! Click below to see them all.


47 comments:

  1. This room blows me away. I love the floor treatment. Way to go. It's beautiful.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely space! You will enjoy much time spent in there when your baby girl arrives. So special to have all of the meaningful details, yet fun to have the "au currant" CW fabric. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so perfect, Katy! All of the personal touches make it extra special. Good luck in the upcoming months and enjoy it xo (and btw, how comfy is that glider? I've seen it but never used it.) That above "Unknown" comment was me...oops! It published unknown for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caroline! Let me preface by saying that I work for Home Decorators but I did look at others. The glider is super comfy. Doug and I both love it (and he's very picky with chairs!). I also like how clean the line are and the size of it. It doesn't take up too much space. Hope that helps!!

      Delete
  5. Perfect!!! The floor, fabrics, accessories...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy - this is beyond beautiful. The littler touches are perfect and baby M is just so so lucky. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute perfection!!! Just beautiful!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect. I love the blend of old and new. Such a stylish nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautifully sweet space and one that your daughter can grow with. I love how you used so many things that have a history/personal meaning - rooms with those kinds of treasures are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so sentimental and sweet. That pillow on the chair is adorable. And that turtle! Love all the touches. Congrats on the room and the sweet baby girl! Can't wait for the chandelier to go up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, beautiful room! The floors are beautiful and each of the thoughtful details are so special. I especially love the crib skirt and the pillow on the chair. Congratulations on a job well done! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable nursery! Love the painted floors and all of the memorable touches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you don't mind, I will be featuring your space in a ORC wrap-up on my blog tomm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! I love the les touches with the cw bed skirt. Perfect for baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the calm reserve of this room and the fact that it is full of items that have personal meaning to you, that is what makes this nursery unique and special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet little room. I'm sure your baby girl will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice room - I love all the personal touches (you little baby shoe is so cute!) I'm sure you and your baby girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! I love the initial books and the plates over the crib! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a precious nursery Kate! You did a marvelous job on the floors and all the accessories are so thoughtful, the tea cups are a great idea. I'm excited for the chandy, I'll definitely be tuning in to see that update.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty room Kate!!!! I love all the sentimental details and of course how you pulled everything together!!!! Your little girl is surrounded by LOVE in this space for sure! Happy birthday to your dear mom as well! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty, understated and perfectly styled!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a special room for your little girl. I am in love with so many of the sweet ideas, but I must say, putting hearts on a globe stole my heart. We have family far away, and that is the best idea. I hope you have a relaxing pregnancy. Happy Birthday, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful and special space you have created! Its unique, one of a kind and filled with items that truly mean something! What a great space to welcome your little girl into the world into! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE that painted floor. I am going to put it on my pinterest board!! Love the fairytale plate idea as well. I hope your little darling isn't anything like my little darling was at that age...mine would have yanked them right off the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That floor looks incredible! What a sweet room with so many special touches!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  26. so precious I can't stand it!!! LOVE!!!!! that fabric is awesome for the bed skirt. Such thoughtful details which I love in your space. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh that is such an adorable and meaningful room with all the lovely items and the items that were passed onto you. I adore teacups. Love those shoes - all of them. You did an incredible job. You are going to make incredible memories in this room!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beyond adorable! Such a stylish nursery, and your sweet and thoughtful details are the best! Wonderful job, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet quiet room for your new baby! -- michele

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have created such a sweet nursey... I love the floor and all the details! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love that bed skirt. This is such a beautiful room...perfect for a new little one! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This room is beautiful! I love all the sweet personal touches, I love accessories with a story. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. There is nothing better to decorate than a baby's nursery. You did such a fabulous job! I love the painted floor, the bedskirt, and the fabric you chose for the chair pillow. All the little details are so adorable and thoughtful. Hope you and your baby girl enjoy the time you spend in this pretty space.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a sweet room! Great job on the floor, wow! I really love all the special meaning pieces throughout the room, too. And that chandelier is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  35. that "after" room is swoon-worthy....love the floors. love the styling! such a great transformation! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my gosh, what a sweet and perfect room for your little girl!!! I absolutely LOVE all the family touches!!! What a lucky girl! Congrats on a great job and I think now it's time to put your feet up and get ready for your next big job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. The wall color and the floors are so beautiful and calming. This is an amazing transformation!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a precious room!! I love all the details and know you will so enjoy holding your baby in such a beautiful space. Congratulations not only on completing your ORC but doing so while 8? months pregnant. That is quite impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a sweet room! I love the paintings by your aunt and the little embroidered bunny! Very darling!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Perfection! I am in love with every last detail. You have done such a beautiful job!!! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I absolutely LOVE it! It's all just so beautiful -- definitely one of my favorite nurseries of all time! The plates on the wall are stunning and I love the Caitlin Wilson fabric -- just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love it!! And love the everything about this whole space!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Looks fantastic! Love those book letters!!!!

    Jen
    athomeinthenorthwestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. This looks so great Katy!!!! I can't believe how gorgeous it turned out!!!! And I love all the different global touches from friends and family, that is really special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is gorgeous. I love the painted floors and book letters.

    ReplyDelete