February 11, 2013

Down South

Hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was full of old friends, good food, the Grammy's, tennis and bowling. I also spent a great deal of the weekend daydreaming about how to redo our bedroom. There's a lot of navy and brass in my future... I wouldn't have it any other way. But I'll be patient and wait until we move, even if patience isn't my best virtue.

We also watched a few old episodes of Duck Dynasty - my new favorite show. Not sure, but I think that I may be the only female who loves watching this show? I know it's totally scripted but they just reel me in with all the family drama. Hands down, Uncle Si is my favorite character of all time. Just check out all these great Si quotes.

This all leads me to today's post because I'm in love with the south and everything about it. And, ever since Garden & Gun featured artist Bradley Gordon in their December/January issue, I haven't been able to stop thinking about these striking and beautiful paintings depicting animals in the south.

I love how each painting tells a different story yet they are all so similar. And for those who know me, I'm all about getting a painted portrait of my dog and cat, Emma and Samson. Stat.


So, I'll continue daydreaming about my future bedroom oasis and having one of Bradley Gordon's beautiful paintings in my home one day. One can always dream.

Keep up with Kate Decorates


No comments:

Post a Comment