October 10, 2013

One Room Challenge: Week 2

Week two of the One Room Challenge is here and it arrived very quickly I might add. If you're returning, welcome! If you're new, see week one of the challenge here.

This week was all about the paint and a little about decor. When we moved into the house in August, the wood floors were painted light blue and the walls were white. This 10'x10' room will be used as the nursery for any future babes so the M.O. has been to keep the paint and big pieces neutral. And have fun with the floors. I mean, how many times in life do you get to paint wood floors and not feel bad about it? So naturally we went with stripes.


They're amazing. I wish I could paint the floors in every room. I do get to have fun with the guest bedroom because it too has painted floors... maybe polka dots and stars? Ha. Our painter would love me.

The other thing that happened this week?

The Navy Fleur Chinoise crib skirt arrived. 



I had the seamstress sew it in panels so that I can move it up as the mattress drops, ensuring that it will always be the perfect length.

Not going to lie, major second thoughts surrounded this fabric. I'm really happy that I went with it in the end–I actually love the colors and that it isn't too girly.

Also, this happened this week.


He should make his first appearance in the next two weeks.

Now on to the fun stuff... art. See you next week!

In the meantime, go check out the other amazing bloggers participating in the One Room Challenge on Calling It Home.

18 comments:

  1. Love those floors! They look amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate- I am so glad that I found your blog through the ORC! Your taste is perfect and I love following along with a sweet nursery (I had a baby girl in Feb!). I am also living through you with all of these KW textiles as I was so close to pulling the trigger on them for my baby girls nursery. Look at this link...I can basically see what I envisioned in your room....im so excited to see you pull it together! xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mallory, that's too funny. I love how close our KW boards are to each other. Congratulations on your baby! I'm in love with her nursery!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodnesss! Those floors and that crib! Love the skirt too. That fabric is alway a fave of mine. Good idea with the adjustable height too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah, your floors look amazingly gorgeous! Lovin' the fabric on the crib too and that ouf gives it a more glamorous feel! this nursery is for sure princess-worthy Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vel, love the stripe that you're doing on the wall too!! Stripes for the win.

      Delete
  5. If only there was a way I could put this room into my house! You are tempting me to make one of my guest rooms a nursery for a future baby! I'm so glad I found your blog. Those striped floors had me at hello! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eris! Looks like you've got quite the renovation- can't wait to see the final pics!!!

      Delete
  6. Love, Love, Love everything that has happened so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that fabric! and those painted floors so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE painted floors, and jenny lind, and gold poufs. basically This room is going to be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to your blog, I'm glad to have found you on the ORC. Curious to see how you finish out the room. -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those stripes! So appropriate for a baby, and so calming as well! Can't wait to see next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kate, I don't know where my comment went? I love the floors. What an absolutely beautiful space. That crib skirt is beyond darling. Looks like you are more than half way done. Great job.

    ReplyDelete